Note: This post is sponsored by Total Beauty
My honey took his favorite girls out to dinner this weekend. In my attempt to upgrade myself and eat foods from other cultures, we ventured to Shin Chon Garden in Ellicott City. Reviews stated it was an awesome place to go, newly renovated, very authentic, super tasty. We had two options, grill or barbecue. We took the grill option, but we probably should have taken the bbq route. The only Korean meal I’ve ever had is fried chicken, and oh boy, it’s incredible.
8801 Baltimore Natl Pike # 27
Ellicott City, MD 21043-4108
This week is dedicated to one of my favorite brands, Crown Brush. I bought 5 brushes during a Hautelook sale a few weeks back, and every day is dedicated to a new brush. I love Crown Brush because it’s inexpensive, effective, and competes with even the most expensive brush lines. I always get a few when I go to The Makeup Show.
Oh Independent Fashion Bloggers website, how I love thee. While reading 5 Helpful Sites to Analyze Your Blog, they shared a link to mouseflow.com. This website actually lets you watch and analyze what people do while on your blog! Seriously…it’s a recording of people clicking links, reading articles, trying to steal your content, and all the other normal things that readers do! It was super creepy at first, and I kind of felt like I was spying! But seriously, you should take a gander. It was totally worth it.
As the World Turns
Edited by Fajr of StylishThought.com
With so much going on in the world, the Japan earthquake, the upheaval in Libya, the aftermath of John Galliano’s actions and the social phenomenon that is Charlie Sheen, it’s great to see the fashion blogging community talking about the issues and bringing a little light with the fancy of fashion! Included in this week’s amazing links: Shopping to Aid Japan Relief, an outfit post for Charlie Sheen, exploring the new neon trend and behind the scenes of how Hermes scarves are made!
Links à la Mode: March 24th
- Arash Mazinai- Bling Bang: Exploring the Blood Diamond Trade
- Cheap & Chic Living- For Japan with Love
- Dress with Courage- Do you dress older or younger than you really are?
- Fashion Evolution- Ups and Downs in my Fashion History
- Fumiko Kawa- Two Patterns of Minimalism
- FOTW- When did Fashion become porn?
- Juliette Maxwell- How to Take Runway Pictures
- La Rouge- How to Live in Two Places at Once
- Missemmamm- An Ode to Charlie Sheen
- Miss Viki- Chat with Russian Art Illustrator Lena Ker
- My Heart Blogged- Blogs from the Heart: Citizen Rosebud
- Obsessive Coolness- Should Talent be Boycotted in Favor of Morality?
- Snappy and Snazzy- Rules of Flattery
- Style Bizarre- Beware of what you Wear
- Sugar Coated Style- Cherry Blossoms in the Breeze
- Tres Awesome- Hermes Festival of Craft
- Try It On Me- The Bright Stuff~ A neon color palette brings back memories of 1990’s fashion and fun!
- The Button Owl- DIY Fishtail Braid Tutorial
- The View from 5 ft 2- Aldo x Julian Louie x Spring/Summer
- Stylish Thought- 5 Fanciful Frocks for a Swinging Spring
It all started while watching A Different World. It was the episode when EnVogue guest starred, and Charmane, Lena and Whitley wore African Print dress. This could be one of the worst images ever, but it gives you the idea!
Then, I find this image of Nicole Ari Parker. Umm, I need this dress, like last year. This shirtdress was created by brand Kiki, based in Ghana.