$3 Dupe for MAC Coppering Eye Shadow + Swatches

MAC Coppering Eyeshadow Duo

I use Coppering in quite a few looks that I do( like this one and this one). I love its bold, rusty color. Brown skin looks great with anything orange, so it’s a great color to have. It works great with neutrals, pinks, purples…that’s why it’s one of my favorites!

The other night, I went through some of my beauty drawers and found my Milani Powder eye shadows. There I found Flare, a really great Coppering dupe! They have been discontinued for awhile now, but you can still purchase them online for $3!

mac_cop_flame_finger

45 Responses to $3 Dupe for MAC Coppering Eye Shadow + Swatches

1. DefStef January 26, 2012 at 5:37 pm #

Please come with better content, your blog is sooooooooooooo boring. Please do better,

• ErinScandalous January 26, 2012 at 5:45 pm #

Well thanks, DefStef! Feel free not to read it. ; )

• DefStef January 27, 2012 at 3:21 am #

I read your blog because I want to support black beauty bloggers but if you insist, I won’t read it anymore or try to inspire you to take your blog to the next level. You need more content, consistency and increased frequency in posts and more detailed reviews. Everybody that gives you constructive criticism is not a “hater”. I actually like you and your youtube — I just feel as though you are a bit lazy or at least your blog comes across as such. Don’t take my comments so personal — you claim you are a beauty blogger and if this is your job your readers should be considered your “boss” and are here to give you feedback. Honest feedback. If you don’t want to do better or be better, then by all means, keep on doing what you are doing .

• ErinScandalous January 27, 2012 at 3:32 am #

First, let me start by saying thank you for your support. I do believe that this particular comment is constructive criticism. Saying “your blog is soooo boring” didn’t help. You are definitely entitled to your opinion. You told me what you think I needed to do more of, and that helped. I by no means consider you a hater. Day in and day out, I wonder about things like this. If people do or don’t like what I’m posting, if I post enough, etc. I wonder if people actually want reviews, tutorials, etc. However, that’s not the feedback I receive, so I do a little here and a little there. A few weeks ago, I made a poll for my sidebar for people to tell me what they wanted to see, but I never posted it. I’ll be sure to do so. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. They’ve been noted! : )

2. DefStef January 26, 2012 at 12:37 pm #

• ErinScandalous January 26, 2012 at 12:45 pm #

Well thanks, DefStef! Feel free not to read it. ; )

• DefStef January 26, 2012 at 10:21 pm #

• ErinScandalous January 26, 2012 at 10:32 pm #

Thank you…I do believe that this particular comment is constructive criticism. Saying “your blog is soooo boring” didn’t help. You are definitely entitled to your opinion. You told me what you think I needed to do more of, and that helped. I by no means consider you a hater. Day in and day out, I wonder about things like this. If people do or don’t like what I’m posting, if I post enough, etc. I wonder if people actually want reviews, tutorials, etc. However, that’s not the feedback I receive, so I do a little here and a little there. Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts. They’ve been noted! : )

3. Fee_DP January 26, 2012 at 6:29 pm #

Don’t care about haters, I learned more from reading your blog than all the other sites I visited in my life! ;)
    I have that Milani eyeshadow so that’s pretty cool! :D

4. Anonymous January 26, 2012 at 1:29 pm #

I have that Milani eyeshadow so that’s pretty cool! :D

5. Sandra January 26, 2012 at 7:32 pm #

Wow, now thats a great find!! Thank you so much for sharing. *writes on wishlist*

6. Sandra January 26, 2012 at 2:32 pm #

7. Emi at Project Swatch January 26, 2012 at 7:48 pm #

Wow, that’s an exact match! I’m so glad you figured that out & shared it with us. (and your blog is really awesome – that comment is unbelievable!)

8. Emi January 26, 2012 at 2:48 pm #

9. Stylesavvychic January 26, 2012 at 10:25 pm #

You should do a tutorial using these dupes. I really miss your tutorials. I just ordered a few Black Opal foundation sticks in Nutmeg (my favorite!) and chose this sample lipstick in Burnished Bronze (it is so beautiful -gonna go get the full size).

xoxo, ~Erica~
    STYLE. SAVVY. CHIC

• ErinScandalous January 27, 2012 at 3:36 am #

Thanks Erica! I’m hoping to do some soon. Really, I promise!

10. Stylesavvychic January 26, 2012 at 5:25 pm #

xoxo, ~Erica~
    STYLE. SAVVY. CHIC

• ErinScandalous January 26, 2012 at 10:36 pm #

Thanks Erica! I’m hoping to do some soon. Really, I promise!

11. StyleSavvyChic January 26, 2012 at 10:27 pm #

Oh! And those NYX eyeshadow pencils have really been impressing me. I reach for those just as much as my shadows. {I use my BH palette and Rock&Republic shadows daily as well}

• ErinScandalous January 27, 2012 at 3:37 am #

Oh yes! Good old Milk jumbo pencil is a classic!

12. StyleSavvyChic January 26, 2012 at 5:27 pm #

• ErinScandalous January 26, 2012 at 10:37 pm #

Oh yes! Good old Milk jumbo pencil is a classic!

13. Stylesavvychic January 26, 2012 at 10:30 pm #

14. Stylesavvychic January 26, 2012 at 5:30 pm #

15. Andrew James January 27, 2012 at 5:05 pm #

great find!! <3 love it!!

16. MrAJBx3 January 27, 2012 at 12:05 pm #

great find!! <3 love it!!

17. Monie February 2, 2012 at 5:18 am #

Oh my dam, DefStef, who the hell pissed in your oatmeal? Please don’t insult anyone’s intelligence by saying that you were trying to be constructive, people know a dig when they see it. Oh but wait…you’re her boss. Well how about this, Ms. Jefe, if you feel that your employee is not living up to the standards that you like call her in your office and have a civilized conversation private like…be professional. I’m thinking that you have no power elsewhere and you want to come here and spread all you toxic yumminess. As a “grown woman” I would have hoped you learned from some dam body how to speak and get your point across w/o coming off as an ass. Who knows what kind of blessing you could have been to her and all of her followers if you showed this sister some support and respect. I’m ending with this, thank God for the USA huh? Keep it moving.

18. Monie February 2, 2012 at 12:18 am #

19. Nina Sparr February 23, 2012 at 2:17 am #

Hey there!  So, this happened to be the first post of yours that I’ve read (I saw a link to it and pretty much saw, “coppering” and “dupe” and I was there! ha).  I know it’s a bit of an old post at this point, but I felt compelled to mention that after reading THIS post… my interest was sparked enough to keep reading over posts and sign up to add you to my list of blogs I follow.  By no means am I an expert on the perfect blog post… But I thought it was worth mentioning (in my opinion at least) this post was good enough to gain another follower, sooo… I would consider it a success.  =)  I look forward to reading your new stuff and treking on through the archives.  You definitely have great taste!  And I’m a MAC fanatic as well!!  =)

• ErinScandalous February 28, 2012 at 3:34 am #

Thank you SO much Nina! That was so sweet of you. Thanks for stopping by!!

20. Nina Sparr February 22, 2012 at 9:17 pm #

• ErinScandalous February 27, 2012 at 10:34 pm #

Thank you SO much Nina! That was so sweet of you. Thanks for stopping by!!

21. Diedre Callam March 20, 2012 at 6:59 am #

OK. I’m going to have to be on the lookout for that Milani shadow. It is beautiful. I hope I can find it here in Jamaica. I started using Milani Cream to Powder foundation in spiced almond. I can do a heavy swipe and you won’t even know it’s there because it matches my skin so well. lol. It just looks like I have a section with no freckles or acne scars. Hehehe.

22. Diedre Callam March 20, 2012 at 2:59 am #

23. Bnii March 28, 2012 at 3:09 pm #

woww. this is grt help Erin :) love ur blog!
    Im getting this pronto.

24. Bnii March 28, 2012 at 11:09 am #

woww. this is grt help Erin :) love ur blog!
    Im getting this pronto.