Rihanna, I Love and Hate Your (New) Style, All At the Same Time

rihanna-grammy-awards-2012-03

Rihanna hit SO many high notes with this outfit last night. I mean look at her! The dress was inspired by one of my favorite movie characters, Elvira Hancock from Baltimore. I will never get enough of Scarface. While she was an avid drug user, her firm stance and no-mess personality won me over. I wanted her to end up with Tony Montana just as much as he did.

Anyway.

She barely had on any fabric. Her cleavage was out, her back was out, her legs were out. The dress barely had any components to it–and she worked it. The thin chains by Jacquie Aiche wrapped around her body were perfection. It was that hint of jewelry that accents the look. Everything about them is very Rihanna. The makeup was simple, bronzy, and minimal. I loved it. She oozed sexy. And I didn’t notice any of that at first, because I couldn’t get over her hair.

Rihanna. Come on girl.

I know that she likes to mix it up every few months. She gradually adds length or drastically cuts it, or changes color. She doesn’t like to be predictable. I get it, and I respect it. But damnit, this hair is the absolute worst on her, in my opinion. I’m not going to say I’m the biggest Rihanna fan, I don’t own any of her music, I don’t need to watch her perform. But I always know she’s going to bring it on the red carpet. But that 80′s chic roots-ablaze-tousled-teased-split-end-looking mess? I just can’t get into it.

Image courtesy of JustJared.com.

24 Responses to Rihanna, I Love and Hate Your (New) Style, All At the Same Time

1. Cosmolude 30 February 14, 2012 at 12:08 am #

Totally agree, that hair looks a mess.  I don’t see how she looked at herself in the mirror and thought that hairstyle complimented that dress at all.

2. Cosmolude 30 February 13, 2012 at 7:08 pm #

3. Ms_dgolden February 14, 2012 at 3:23 am #

I like it. It’s kinda Michelle Pfeiffer-ish.. I get what she was going for. Also, not a fan but love her risky hair choices.

4. Ms_dgolden February 13, 2012 at 10:23 pm #

5. Joanne_ February 14, 2012 at 3:23 pm #

i agree, i don’t like the hair but that dress was superb!  she’s inspired me to work more on my back during my gym sessions lol

6. Joanne_ February 14, 2012 at 10:23 am #

7. Rashidah February 14, 2012 at 3:51 pm #

I love the hair. but hate when she wears vampy lipstick with it

8. Rashidah February 14, 2012 at 10:51 am #

I love the hair. but hate when she wears vampy lipstick with it

9. Pearl February 14, 2012 at 5:10 pm #

I don’t really like her hair color, but it’s growing on me. I REALLY loved it when it was a darker brown with blond highlights. It was so cute.

If you could do a tutorial on the dark lipstick she’s been sporting, I would really appreciate because I think it is gorgeous!

10. Pearl February 14, 2012 at 12:10 pm #

11. 25mrsmorgan February 15, 2012 at 10:23 am #

So funny that no one seems to like her hair i saw this yellow mop thing that she has on top of her head and i thought shakira she did the same hair do about what three years ago and people were calling her out for it. why?well is just that when you are a celebrity you should carry your self with class and this really speaks trashy!!!

12. 25mrsmorgan February 15, 2012 at 5:23 am #

13. Sunshyne_girl83 February 16, 2012 at 6:47 pm #

I like it shes young and sexy so why not pull it off while she can?!!!

• Kesh_kiki February 20, 2012 at 1:12 am #

Oh no no no Sunshyne

14. Sunshyne_girl83 February 16, 2012 at 1:47 pm #

I like it shes young and sexy so why not pull it off while she can?!!!

• Kesh_kiki February 19, 2012 at 8:12 pm #

Oh no no no Sunshyne

15. Shanine115 February 17, 2012 at 9:33 pm #

Omg! I hate that hair too. It just killed her entire look.

16. Shanine115 February 17, 2012 at 4:33 pm #

Omg! I hate that hair too. It just killed her entire look.

17. Leyla February 20, 2012 at 11:51 am #

Not sure I’m a fan of RiRi’s new look. It especially was highlighted when she was photographed next to Anna Wintour at LFW; Anna looked so sophisticated in comparison!

18. Leyla February 20, 2012 at 6:51 am #

19. Sarah February 28, 2012 at 3:40 pm #

At first I thought Shakira was a twin after that video she did with Beyonce but, now I know, she’s a TRIPLET!

20. Sarah February 28, 2012 at 10:40 am #