Rihanna, I Love and Hate Your (New) Style, All At the Same Time

rihanna-grammy-awards-2012-03

Rihanna hit SO many high notes with this outfit last night. I mean look at her! The dress was inspired by one of my favorite movie characters, Elvira Hancock from Baltimore. I will never get enough of Scarface. While she was an avid drug user, her firm stance and no-mess personality won me over. I wanted her to end up with Tony Montana just as much as he did.

Anyway.

She barely had on any fabric. Her cleavage was out, her back was out, her legs were out. The dress barely had any components to it–and she worked it. The thin chains by Jacquie Aiche wrapped around her body were perfection. It was that hint of jewelry that accents the look. Everything about them is very Rihanna. The makeup was simple, bronzy, and minimal. I loved it. She oozed sexy. And I didn’t notice any of that at first, because I couldn’t get over her hair.

Rihanna. Come on girl.

I know that she likes to mix it up every few months. She gradually adds length or drastically cuts it, or changes color. She doesn’t like to be predictable. I get it, and I respect it. But damnit, this hair is the absolute worst on her, in my opinion. I’m not going to say I’m the biggest Rihanna fan, I don’t own any of her music, I don’t need to watch her perform. But I always know she’s going to bring it on the red carpet. But that 80’s chic roots-ablaze-tousled-teased-split-end-looking mess? I just can’t get into it.

Image courtesy of JustJared.com.

Comments

1. Cosmolude 30 says

Totally agree, that hair looks a mess.  I don’t see how she looked at herself in the mirror and thought that hairstyle complimented that dress at all.

2. Cosmolude 30 says

3. Ms_dgolden says

I like it. It’s kinda Michelle Pfeiffer-ish.. I get what she was going for. Also, not a fan but love her risky hair choices.

4. Ms_dgolden says

5. Pearl says

I don’t really like her hair color, but it’s growing on me. I REALLY loved it when it was a darker brown with blond highlights. It was so cute.

If you could do a tutorial on the dark lipstick she’s been sporting, I would really appreciate because I think it is gorgeous!

6. Pearl says

7. 25mrsmorgan says

So funny that no one seems to like her hair i saw this yellow mop thing that she has on top of her head and i thought shakira she did the same hair do about what three years ago and people were calling her out for it. why?well is just that when you are a celebrity you should carry your self with class and this really speaks trashy!!!

8. 25mrsmorgan says

9. Leyla says

Not sure I’m a fan of RiRi’s new look. It especially was highlighted when she was photographed next to Anna Wintour at LFW; Anna looked so sophisticated in comparison!

10. Leyla says