This challenge is part of Erin’s Guide to Better Beauty Blogging.
Blogs can be hard work. They need branding, content, consistency and dedication. I created this challenge because we could all use an extra kick in the butt on our blogs. This works just as well for beginners as it does for veterans. While I geared this to beauty, fashion and lifestyle blogs, it can be used for any type of blog. This series is inspired by Darren Rowse of Problogger. If you want to get serious about blogging, pick up his workbooks! We’ll cover many topics that were in his 31 days challenge, and many that I created too.
The challenge starts on Monday, October 3rd and ends on Thursday, October 27th. You do NOT have to do every post. The goal is work on things that you need help with.
Here’s how you can follow along and officially join:
1. The twitter hashtag for this challenge is #SBBC-Scandalous Beauty Blog Challenge. You can follow along and see what everyone else is up to, and how it’s going for them.
2. Follow my Twitter accounts–@ErinScandalous and @ErinJBailey. I tweet blog tips all the time. It’s in my blood.
3. Check in below! Leave a comment that tells us your blog name and website and twitter handle. We would love to follow along with you on your adventure!
4. This is about working together. Track your progress using the daily comment session associated with the post. Having feedback from others can benefit everyone.
5. Sign up to receive daily or weekly updates from Scandalous Beauty. You can send these updates straight to your inbox, or in a wide range of other ways. This is a great idea if you dont want to fall behind or miss any posts. This is totally optional, of course.
Here’s a preview of what’s to come for the week. This list will be updated as the links go live.
Day 1: How To Write Better Blog Post Titles
Day 2: Organize your content: Categories, Tags and Pages
Day 3: Building Interaction on Your Blog: Polls, Ratings
Day 4: Build Your Readership with Bloglovin’
Day 5: Branding with Images: Favicons, Avatars
Day 6: Your Blog’s Archives: Don’t Let Them Forget Your Content
Day 7: Spice Up Your Comment Section: Platforms and Options
Day 8: 5 Tips to Make Your Photography Look Better
Day 9: Juice Up Your Footer: Your Last Chance to Hook Your Readers
Day 10: Make it Easy for Readers to Share Your Content
Day 11: Creating a Blogging Schedule
Day 12: Spread the Word: Your Blog’s Business Cards
Day 13: Ending A Blog Post–Use a Blog Signature
Day 14: Awesome Tools for Blogging
Day 15: Using Social Media to Get More Readers on Your Blog
Day 16: Using Tumblr to Increase Your Blog’s Readership
Day 17: Using Email Services to Keep Your Readers Involved
Day 18: Using Video To Boost Content (Why I’ve Been Dropped as a Youtube Partner)
Day 19: Your Personal Website or About Me Section: Brand Yourself!
Day 20: Don’t Let Your Older Posts Get Lost, Recycle It!
Day 21: Working With Brands: Approaching Them and Not-Selling Out To Your Readers
Day 22: Make Your Blog Easy To Read on Mobile Sites
Day 23: Creating a Blog Layout That You’ll Love
Day 24: Make Money From Your Site 24/7
Day 25: The Finale
If you have any other topics or questions that you would like covered, feel free to send an email or leave a comment. Maybe we could add a bonus week!