This weekend, Josh and I took a random trip to Philly. In my mind, Philly = King of Prussia Mall = The Make Up For Ever boutique!! Every time I go into Sephora, I swatch the same products over and over. This time, I went ahead and bought them all.
I hate when we get to that time of year where the focus is on Fall instead of Summer! I’m a hot, sunny day girl, all the way! Since we love to be outside and get those free bronzy glows, I’ve got a list of products that will keep you glowing year round. This is just a roundup for now, but I’ve got swatches to come!
Maybe I should have saved the best for last, but these are definitely the best bang for your buck! They are more concentrated and give you the glowing effect instantly. I use these almost everyday.
Japonesque Color Liquid Light in Bronze – Here’s a product that gives you the bronze glow without looking too obvious!
Make Up For Ever Uplight in Bronze - This is actually a gel product, and it’s got a fair amount of glitter in it. If you’re going to use it, only do a little at a time.
Koh Gen D Illuminator in Beige - This is a much lighter shade, but the microfine sheen is irreplacable. Again, I found this product after taking a class with celebrity makeup artist Sheika Daley. I couldn’t believe what it did to the skin! [
Primers are the most subtle way to add a glow to your skin. These products barely had enough pigment to show on camera, but you can see it more on bare skin.
Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiant Bronze - Laura Mercier makes a lightweight lotion-y primer that melts into the skin.
Becca Cosmetics Bronzing Skin Perfector - Super lightweight, almost undetectable.
Smashbox ‘Photo Finish’ Luminizing Foundation Primer – This gives the slightest golden glow under makeup. If anything, get it for the texture. Your makeup will glide on effortlessly!
These are the most practical, and probably the most common way to add a glow to the skin. You can brush it on with or without foundation, and you can also use them to easily highlight and contour.
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish – A cult favorite! It adds sheen and a bunch of color at the same time. You can use it wet or dry, and it comes in a million limited edition colors. If you see one that you like, don’t hesitate, just get it! Metal Rock will always be my favorite–RIP.
Shea Moisture Illuminating Powder – Ah, a newbie! These products are available exclusively at Target. You’ll get a light, but buildable glow with this one.
Do you have a favorite product that gives you a glow? Share it below!
Fall beauty at its best, baby.
My favorite brand has done it again, folks! Check out the new Black Tango Palette ($45). It’s packed with traditional Fall colors, but this time, MUFE offers them in their Aqua Creams.
These four colors will work perfectly as eye shadow and eyeliner. There’s a double-sided brush that comes with the palette, but I somehow misplaced mine. I hate when that freakin’ happens.
- Jet Magazine is holding an open casting call at RHOA’s The Bailey Agency this Saturday from noon-3pm. Want more information? Email: JETcastingbow@gmail.com
- Make Up For Ever launches a pro newsletter (Makeupforeverpro.com)
- Essence Best In Black Beauty Awards was held last night, honoring 6 people who made a profound inpact in the beauty world. Pictured above is celebrity stylist June Ambrose, celeb hairstylist Ted Gibson and ESSENCE Editor-in-Chief Constance C.R. White. (Essence)
- Nars Cosmetics wins 15 (!!!) Instyle Best Beauty Buys Awards. (Narscosmetics.com)
- Select Sephora stores are getting a new look! Manhattan locations will be the first, of course. (Sephora.com)
- Refinery 29 shared 14 blouse ideas to wear to your 9-5 (Refinery29.com)